If you are a master’s student currently enrolled into an Italian university, you have the opportunity to participate in a research programme under the guidance of well-known academics. In this programme, you will conduct a piece of policy research leading to a 5,000-8,000-word policy report with recommendations to the Italian Government/the EU.
Participation in one of the research programmes entails:
- To learn about conducting policy analysis.
- To learn how to write policy proposals.
- To publish your work and see it disseminated in various events.
- To participate and organise conferences about a wide range of topics in European affairs, and to expand your network.
- To take advantage of the new social media for policy professionals 89 Connect and other projects of the Initiative.
- To present your findings in a conference at the end of April 2022 (depending on the epidemiological situation).
This experience would also encourage the development of a variety of soft and hard skills useful for the job market.
You can participate in the following research programmes for the academic year 2021-2022:
- Re-thinking graduate labour market entries after the pandemic: What role for Italian and EU institutions?, led by Dr. Corrado Macchiarelli and Dr. Angelo Martelli, London School of Economics. Full programme description here.
To apply for this programme, please send your CV (in English) along with an 800–1000-word summary of your Dissertation (or of a paper) to Elena Turci, email@example.com, no later than November 21st 2021.
- Unlocking the innovation potential of EU and Italian SMEs, led by Dr. Felice Simonelli, (Associate Senior Research Fellow, CEPS). Full programme description here.
To apply for this programme, please send your CV and a short cover letter. You could also decide to submit your suggestions to improve the research idea and/or the methods to answer the main research questions. All materials are to be sent to Elena Turci, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than November 21st 2021.
Please note that:
- The activity will be carried out completely in English, therefore, note that an academic level of English (a very advanced B2 or a full C1) will be essential.
- The activity requires on average a commitment of 6 hours per week (in some periods it will be more, in some less), therefore, make sure you have extra time to devote to this activity.
- This activity is open to all students based in Italy who are enrolled in a Magistrale or the last 2 years of a laurea quinquennale.
- Submissions are invited from students with different backgrounds.
- In case of doubts or questions, please, contact email@example.com